Viega Offers Both Plumbing And Radiant Heating Solutions For Homeowners
From pipe to fittings to radiant heat technology – Viega is one of our most trusted manufacturers. They are innovative and are dedicated to producing consistently high quality products.
Click on the picture below to watch their video on their patented ProPress Technology. And, now, Viega is unveiling their newest Press Technology – MegaPress for black steel installation of water, gas, and fire protection systems.
Viega ProRadiant Heating Solutions
TJ’s considers radiant heat to be the most comfortable, efficient heating available today. It works great in conjunction with multiple heat sources, such as geothermal, solar, high-efficiency gas-fired condensing boilers, oil boilers, and air-source heat pumps.
When considering radiant – Viega is the obvious choice.
Radiant Applications, Using ViegaPEX™ Barrier Tubing
Viega ProRadiant heating systems can be installed in new construction and in existing homes, over wood or concrete. It is easy to connect for new additions or outside applications.
- Slab on Grade Systems (perfect for basements and attached garage spaces)
- ClimateTrak Systems or Heat Transfer Plates Systems (retro-fit option when floor coverings are in good condition and it doesn’t make sense to pull up the flooring)
- Climate Panels (they can be installed directly over a subfloor or concrete. They only add 1/2” to the height of the floor and can be installed under any type of floor covering)
- Snowmelt (Viega’s S-No-Ice product keeps driveways, walkways, patios and steps free of ice and snow in the winter.)
- Climate Mat (For large commercial radiant applications the Viega Climate Mat cuts install times considerably; this prefabricated mat has all of the ViegaPEX Barrier tubing built in and installers simply roll this out in large areas.)
What is PEX?
PEX is cross-linked polyethylene. In other words, it is a type of plastic pipe created when links are formed between polyethylene molecules while the pipe is being manufactured. As a result of this “linking” process, the ViegaPEX Barrier tubing and FostaPEX tubing used for plumbing and radiant applications is more durable under temperature extremes or chemical attack. These attributes make ViegaPEX ideal for both drinking water and hot water applications like radiant heat.
Benefits of Viega ProRadiant Systems
Full System Approach
- Components designed to integrate with one another for ease of installation.
- Lower thermostat settings – every 1ºF of decrease in thermostat setting translates into a 3% energy reduction.
- Lower water temperatures – a 10ºF decrease in water temperatures equals an energy savings of 3-5%.
- Precise zoning – allows for unoccupied rooms to be set at lower temperatures.
- Better source of heating for allergy sufferers – no forced air movement is involved, so dust and allergens are not moving around the home.
Increased Added Value
- Adds excellent resell value to a home.
- Allows for lower boiler temperatures, saving energy and increasing boiler life expectancy.
- Superior way to heat a home.
- Ultimate comfort
- Warms at the floors.
- Warms other surfaces in the room (i.e.: furniture, etc.) turning them into heat emitters.
Complete Line of Radiant Systems
- Viega offers solutions for all applications ranging from existing retrofit to new construction, wet and dry mass systems.
- ProRadiant Systems are a highly efficient, even heat distribution solution that produces energy savings of up to 30%.
- Less air movement can reduce the amount of dust and allergens.
Viega Plumbing Solutions
Viega PureFlow Plumbing is:
Healthier and cleaner
- ViegaPEX tubing resists chlorine.
- Viega tubing will not bang against walls and floor joists.
- The MANABLOC system allows the homeowner to shut off water supply connections as easily as they would shut off electricity at their electrical outlet.