August 2, 2012 Featured Product – Viessmann Vitocell 300 Indirect Hot Water Heater
Products of Excellence
TJ’s is always on the lookout for products that provide reliability, and excellent performance. We are proud to feature Viessmann’s Indirect Hot Water Heater, the Vitocell 300.
All too often, we see other tanks fail, due to poor construction and inferior material, which is inconvenient and costly to our customers. The Viessmann Vitocell 300 offers stainless steel construction and is the only water heater on the market with a lifetime warranty – non prorated. The high-alloy stainless steel means a long service life. Additionally, there is no algae buildup and the tank has two inches of spray foam insulation to protect against heat loss. There is even a service port to clean the inside of the tank if necessary.
In this competitive economy, Viessmann is still holding true to the values and quality we all depend on, at a price that is competitive with all other brands. Why wouldn’t you want the best for your family?
Value of Indirect Hot Water Heaters
Are you considering an on-demand water heater? Let us explain why an indirect hot water heater is a better option.
Most homes have a BTU requirement of 100,000 for heating. You can add an indirect hot water heater and not need to increase the boiler size, in most cases. The Vitocell 300 has almost no standby loss, meaning it does not lose heat to the basement. This tank loses 1/2 degree per hour; so, in 8 hours, your tank loses 4 degrees, not even enough to start the boiler.
With an on-demand hot water heater, the call for hot water uses approximately 1 1/2 times the BTU requirement for heating the home, just for hot water. Additionally, the on-demand water heater will run continuously while hot water is being consumed.
An indirect hot water heater has a temperature sensor inside the tank. You heat the water heater to the temperature required and then the boiler shuts off. The boiler does not have to continuously run to heat the hot water, because there is storage in the tank. An on-demand water heater has no storage capacity at all, which is why it needs to run continuously.
With an indirect hot water heater, there is a significant energy and cost savings over the on-demand hot water heater. By installing a Viessmann Vitocell 300 indirect hot water heater, you get the energy and cost savings of an indirect water heater and the value and excellence of another great Viessmann product.
Featured Product – Vitocell 300, Indirect Hot Water Heater
Domestic hot water tanks made of high-alloy stainless steel to satisfy the highest expectations with respect to hygiene, recovery rates and service life expectancy.
The benefits at a glance:
- Long service life due to corrosion-resistant hot water tank and heat exchanger coil construction of high-alloy stainless steel.
- No sacrificial anode required for additional corrosion protection; therefore no anode replacement costs.
- Heating of the entire water content by a heat exchanger coil extending to the tank bottom.
- Reliable hot water comfort due to fast, even heating with large-diameter 1.25″ non-finned heat exchanger coil.
- Minimal standby losses through highly effective foamed-in-place or wrap-around HCFC-free insulation.
- Universally suitable – for larger hot water demand several Vitocell-V 300 or Vitocell-H 300 domestic hot water tanks can be combined into a multiple-tank battery via common headers.